The mission of the Owsley County School district is to create an innovative learning environment that breaks down all barriers to student learning and prepares ALL students for college, career, and the 21st century world.
1. Improve student academic performance on all assessments for all students
2. Improve staff and student attendance
3. Ensure a safe, orderly, and clean learning environment
4. Collaborate with parents and school community members and increase community involvement
5. Improve personal and professional growth
6. Maintain a high level of student and staff performance
7. Positively promote Owsley County Schools through all forms of media
"Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision; the ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives; it is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results".