MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENTCHAD MASON, DIRECTOR OF BUILDING AND GROUNDS
For more information on grounds and facilities, please contact our maintenance department at (606) 593-6363, extension 1013 or 1017.
Maintenance Request Form - Maintenance Request Form
DISTRICT FACILITY PLAN AND CAPITAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS -
- District Facility Plan guides our Capital Construction Projects.
- Districts are required to develop District Facility Plans every four years.
- Our current plan covers 2014-2018.
- The district planning committee must be composed of the following:
* Superintendent - Tim Bobrowski
* One parent from each School - Vacant - OCES and Melissa Bowling - OCHS
* One teacher from each school - Vacant - OCHS and Vacant - OCES.
* One building administrator from each school - Gary Cornett, OCHS and Allen Taylor, OCES.
* One district facilities director - Chad Mason
* Central office staff - Jerry McIntosh
* One community leader - Kyle Bobrowski
* One board of education Member - Vacant
* One local building/zoning official -
- The district facility plan criteria is based on needs assessment through:
* Curriculum programs
* Physical evaluation of existing facilities
* Financial evaluations.
2014 - 2018 DISTRICT FACILITIES PLAN District Facility Plan 2014-2018
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Director of Buildings and Grounds
- Provide leadership to the program
- Manage construction projects
- Work with architects, engineers and construction managers
- Develop and manage energy program
- Purchasing and bidding supplies, equipment, and professional services
- Work with local, state and federal agencies
- Supervise maintenance staff on a day to day operation
- Provide OSHA training for Maintenance Staff
LEAD MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
- Schedule repair and maintenance of facilities
- Troubleshooting ad repair of mechanical systems
- Repair door locks and closures
- Grounds mowing and weedeating
- Maintain the Preventive Maintenance Plan
The Owsley County Buildings and Grounds department strives to make their schools a clean and safe environment for students, staff and visitors.